花生酱和果冻蛋糕 - 花生酱蛋糕与红糖花生酱果糖，草莓酱和切碎的花生！我们的贡献者新图层蛋糕食谱，Tessa huff.。
Slowly but surely, summer is coming to a close. While some of us are soaking in the last bits of vacation, it’s back-to-school time for the rest. Time to pack away the sandy swimsuits , campfire-scented tents, and sun-soaked picnic blankets. But if you must drag yourself to school when you wish you could be playing in the warmth of the lingering summer sun, at least there is cake.
花生酱和果冻蛋糕, to be exact.
有什么比一个典型的花生酱果酱吗?的kind on squishy white bread made with creamy peanut butter and sweet, gloppy jelly that oozes with every bite? As an adult, I’ve tried to refine this nostalgic treat with toasted whole grain braid, natural almond butter, and small-batch jam, but there is really nothing quite like the original. Instead of trying to re-invent a tried-and-true classic, I decided to turn those signature flavors into a cake!
Instead of just the peanut butter frosting that I am sure all of us have tried or topped cupcakes with before, I tried to think of a couple new ways to incorporate peanut butter into a layer cake. The cake layers themselves are baked with creamy peanut butter straight in the batter then slathered with sweet strawberry jam. But the star of this cake is definitely the Brown-Sugar Peanut Butter Buttercream. It tastes just like honey roasted peanuts! To finish, seedless jam was used to create a beautiful, almost glass-like finish on the top of the cake surrounded with kisses of more nutty buttercream. Coat the sides of the cake with chopped peanuts for extra crunch, if desired.
- Yield:One6" Round Cake (3layers)1x
- 2 ¼ cupcake flour
- ¾ teaspoonsalt
- ½ cup无盐的黄油，软化
- ½ cup花生酱
For the Brown Sugar Peanut Butter Frosting:
- 3egg whites
- 6 tablespoonscreamy peanut butter
For the Assembly:
- seedless strawberry jelly
- chopped peanuts, optional
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix together the butter and peanut butter until creamy. Add in the sugar and mix on medium for about 3 minutes.
- Decrease the speed to low and add in the vanilla and eggs, one at a time. Stop the mixer and scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl.
- Place egg whites and sugar into the bowl of a stand mixer, whisk until combined.
- Place bowl over a pan of simmering water to create a double-boiler. Whisking constantly, heat the egg mixture until it registers 160 degrees on acandy thermometer。小心地将碗转移到支架混合器上。
- Switch to the paddle attachment. With the mixer on medium-low, add in the butter, a few tablespoons at a time, and mix until incorporated. Add in the vanilla extract. Turn the mixer up to medium-high and mix until silky smooth.
- Cake recipe may be baked in two 8-inch pans. Adjust bake time accordingly and be sure to test doneness by inserting a toothpick in to the center of the cakes. If it comes out clean or with a few crumbs, it is done.